Bathurst Explorer Bus. Hop on Hop off. It's a 48 hour Explorer Pass
- Duration: 2 Days (approx.)
- Location: Bathurst, NSW
- Product code: PVNS1C
Explore Bathurst at your own pace with the hop on, hop off Bathurst Explorer Bus. It's a fantastic town full of history, culture and surprises.
The Explorer Bus starts each morning at 10am from Bathurst Visitors Information Centre and has 14 convenient stops. Tickets can be purchased on-line, at the Bathurst Visitors Information Centre, or on the Explorer bus at any stop. You can join the bus at any stop.
Are you staying in town for a few days? You're in luck. Your Explorer Bus Pass is valid for 48 hours so you can see and explore our great city at your leisure.
Why not start with an entire loop. It doesn't cost any extra, it takes about an hour and you'll learn so much from our on board commentary. Hop on, hop off as often as you want.
See and enjoy these great attractions
- Australian Fossil and Mineral Museum*
- Bathurst Memorial Entertainment Centre
- Bathurst Courthouse, Kings Parade, Bathurst Historical Society* and Machattie Park and CBD town square shopping precinct
- Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit
- Rydges Mount Panorama, Caltex Chase on the Mount Panorama Racing Circuit
- National Motor Racing Museum*
- Wiradyuri Aboriginal Grounds, Mount Panorama - Wahluu (McPhillamy Park)
- Rydges Mount Panorama at the Chase on Conrod Straight
- National Motor Racing Museum*
- Bishops Court Boutique Hotel (seasonal openings)
- Chifley Home Museum*
- Bathurst Railway Precinct and Historical Museum (opening Dec 2019)*
- Historical 1876 Railway precinct
- Bathurst Regional Art Gallery and library
- Keppel St shopping precinct
- Bathurst Memorial Entertainment Centre and CBD town square shopping precinct
- Bathurst Peace Park & river walk
- Old Government House, Ohkuma Japanese Garden & Pillars of Bathurst
- Bathurst Aquatic Centre
- Bathurst Visitors Centre
*Choose the popular Multi Museum Pass when booking. The Multi Museum Explorer Pass includes entry to all museums at a discounted price.
The Bathurst Explorer Bus is great value and the best way to explore the city at your own pace. Get insider tips from our local driver/guide for places to eat, Museum opening days/times, walks and other local things to do while in the city.
With the Bathurst Explorer Bus, you have the freedom and flexibility to go where you want, when you want.
Your Pass includes:
- Unlimited Explorer Bus travel for 48 Hours
- Maps, historical facts, handy brochures on great places to see, eat and stay
- "Live" commentary from your friendly local driver
- Discounted entry and meals at Mayfield Garden
- Discounts at Chicane Bar and Grill at Rydges Mount Panorama (every day)
- Seasonal guided tours, afternoon teas and grand lunches in Bishops Court Boutique hotel
- Discounts and special from local businesses that partner with the Bathurst Explorer Bus
- Reduced rates for Guests over age 65
- Children rates for under 16 yo
- Family pass includes 2 adults and 4 children
Where does the Explorer Bus stop?
Explore these useful links to each Explorer Bus Stop
Stop 4 Mount Panorama
Stop 5 Rydges Mount Panorama
Stop 6 National Motor Racing Museum
Stop 7 Bishops
Court Boutique Hotel
Stop 8 Chifley Home Museum
Stop 9 Bathurst Rail Museum (opening December 2019)
Stop 10 Bathurst Regional Art Gallery
Stop 10 Bathurst Library
Stop 12 Bicentennial Peace Park
Stop 13 Ohkuma Garden
Stop 13 Old Government Cottage
Stop 13 The Pillars of Bathurst
Stop 14 Bathurst Aquatic Centre
How long is the tour?
A full loop is approximately 1 hour. We recommend taking a full loop tour first then choosing which stops interest you the most. You're welcome to stay on the Explorer Bus as long as you like, or hop on and off as often a you like because you're Explorer Pass is valid for 48 hours from when you first join the bus.
Planning to stay in Bathurst?
What a great idea. Now its time to decide to choose from one of our preferred Accommodation Partners. Quote that you're an Explorer bus Ticket holder and receive a discount on your accommodation. Extend your stay and enjoy the region even more.
Rydges Mount Panorama (5 Start Hotel)
Bishops Court Boutique Hotel (Luxury Boutique Hotel)
Bathurst Accommodation Group (Bed and Breakfast Accommodation)
Looking for other things to do while in Bathurst?
Receive discounts and specials with our Eats, Drinks, Attractions and Tour Partners.
Got a Question?
Call: 1300 728 321