Art Deco Glen Davis, Wine & Food 2 Day Experience
- Kesto: 2 Päivät (noin)
- Paikka: Glen Davis, NSW
- Tuotekoodi: PVWJS1
An experience for those who enjoy good food, fine wine, unique historical accommodation, amazing scenery and historical exploring. Grab some friends and book your seats now.
This private tour starts at a leisurely 9am from Bathurst (Sydney or other locations by arrangement). You'll learn about the history of the region along the way from your experienced local driver/guide.
Our destination for the evening is the Glen Davis Boutique Hotel, but first we travel through picturesque countryside to enjoy a private tasting of award winning wines at Naked Lady Wines.
Enjoy a leisurely lunch (included) in the historical town of Rylstone (est 1846). Your group has the choice of either a private lunch at Naked lady Wines following the wine tasting or Yum Cha at one of the most amazing dumpling restaurants you'll ever experience; the very popular 22 Nine 99 Dumpling & tea House.
Check in is 2pm at the Glen Davis Boutique Hotel (built 1939). Enjoy a welcome afternoon tea (included), historical tour and fascinating talk about the hotel by the owners upon arrival.
You have the afternoon free to explore the old Ghost town or relax and soak your Art Deco surroundings in the hotel. A beautiful 3 course home cooked dinner will be served to you in the Hotel Dining room. Spend the evening around the open fire with friends.
Wake to a fully cooked country breakfast in the hotel dining room (included).
Following checkout, your driver will take you to the famous and once busy Glen Davis shale oil mine ruins for a private guided tour and talk.
We farewell Glen Davis at midday for a short scenic drive to Capertee for lunch (included) at the historical Capertee Hotel (built 1840).
Your trip back to Bathurst is completed with a visit to the newly created Silo paintings in Portland.
- Private driven 2 day tour to Sofala, Illford, Kandos, Rylstone, Glen Davis, the Capertee Valley and the town of Capertee as well as Portland
- Private wine tasting at Naked lady Wines in Rylstone
- A group lunch in Rylstone at either Naked lady Wines or dumplings at the Yum Cha & Tea house in Rylstone on day 1
- Welcome afternoon tea and hotel tour upon arrival at the Glen Davis Boutique Hotel
- Free time to explore the ghost town of Glen Davis
- 3 course dinner in the dining room of the Glen Davis Boutique Hotel
- Twin share accommodation in the Glen Davis Boutique Hotel (single supplement available at extra expense)
- Full cooked country breakfast in the Glen Davis Boutique Hotel
- Private 2+ hour historical guided tour of the Glen Davis Shale Mine ruins by local expert
- Lunch at Capertee Hotel on day 2
- Portland painted silos
- Local historical commentary throughout the tour
- 2 days of touring in your private charter bus
- Private wine tasting at Naked Lady Wines
- All meals
- Boutique hotel accommodation (twin share)
- Shale Oil mining history tour
- Alcohol. The Glen Davis Boutique Hotel is a BYO hotel. You are welcome to bring all your alcohol on the bus at the time of departure from Bathurst. You can purchase premium local wine at cellar door prices at Naked Lady Wines following the private wine tasting on day 1 of the tour.
- This is a technology free experience. The Glen Davis Valley does not have mobile reception. The tour guide will have a satellite phone available for emergency calls at additional cost.
Where does the tour start? We meet at the Bathurst Visitors Information Centre or from your accommodation by prior arrangement
How long is the tour?
This is a 2 day tour. We depart at 9am on day 1 and return approximately 5 pm on day 2 of the tour. You will need to bring your clothes and personal items for 2 days.
Is this tour available anytime?
This tour is available everyday of the week subject to availability.
Are you a solo traveller? We don't like to see people missing out on a tour so please get in touch and we'll see how we can help. Often we can hook you up with another group, or make special arrangements to ensure you don't miss out.
Would you like to discuss something? Please Contact us
email: tours@BathurstTours.com.au or
Call: 1300 728 321