Sunny Corner to Capertee Full Day 4WD Adventure
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Bathurst, NSW
- Product code: PVQLWG
On the western side of the Great Dividing Range is some of the most amazing, remote and unhurried 4WDing you can see in Australia. With Bathurst as an ideal base being just 15 minutes from where adventure begins, it's an ideal way to see real Australia on this adventure.
We travel on a beautiful 4WD track to the highest peak around (1300m above sea level) where we stop and enjoy the views over the Bathurst plains. Here we stand higher than Katoomba in the Blue Mountains.
We explore the forests, bush and tackle some great 4WDing on this adventure. Stop for morning tea in the bush; sometimes high on a hill or along a creek. We may even try our luck gold panning over a cuppa (we provide all the gold panning gear too).
You can learn as much or as little as you want about the history of the area, the ecology and geography on this tour. If you're a photographer, you'll be clicking away all day.
Once we leave the peaks, we descend into the valleys sometimes following the 150 year old bullock tracks down into the remote part of the tour.
We generally stop by the river for lunch. We can provide a great Aussie lunch or you're welcome to bring your own. Either way, you'll enjoy a relaxing lunch, the peacefulness and beauty of this day out in the great Aussie bush.
At the end of the day, we re-join the tarred road at the little town of Capertee (between Lithgow and Mudgee) for a peaceful 45 minutes drive back to Bathurst.
This is a day tour for up to 7 Guests.
- Child seats are available.
- Morning tea is included.
- Choose the convenience of allowing us to provide lunch for you or bring your own lunch
- It is advisable for Guests to bring a jacket, hat, any personal necessities and wear enclosed shoes.
- Kangaroos, wallabies, echidna, white and black cockatoos, possums
- Beautiful natural Australian flora and fauna
- Dramatic gullies & creek crossings
- Mild 4WDing for the less adventurous
- Rugged 4WDing for the more adventurous
- We also offer tag-along adventures. If you have your own 4WD and would like us to take you on a guided adventure, contact us; firstname.lastname@example.org
Inclusions: Morning tea, lunch can be arranged or bring your own is fine with us.
Where does the tour start? We meet at the Bathurst Visitors Information Centre or from your accommodation by prior arrangement
Would you prefer to join us from the Blue Mountains? Sure, get in touch before making a booking and we'll see what we can do.
How long is the tour? 8:30am – 4:30pm (or other times by arrangement)
Are you a solo traveler? We don't like to see people missing out on a tour so please get in touch and we'll see how we can help. Often we can hook you up with another group, or make special arrangements to ensure you don't miss out.
This tour takes you deep in the bush where bathrooms are not always available. If this concerns you, please get in touch and we can discuss 4WD adventures that include bathrooms.
Got a Question? Contact us: email@example.com